Sunday, July 30, 2006

Tease

So believing the worst was behind us I started dating Mitch again.

Smart women, foolish choices.

We have drinks a couple of times, some fooling around.

And then I got rejected from Princeton.

I had been drinking at the bar, trying to drown my academic inadequacy in vodka, when he walked in.

He was in the mood and the flesh was willing.

I went back to his place. He pushes me on the bed. My clothes vanish. His clothes vanish. And then he says to me:

You know I'm not in the emotional place right now where I can have sex.

"It's 2:30 in the morning. We're both naked on a bed. And you aren't in the emotional place to have sex right now? You couldn't have said this when we were say fully clothed on the couch? What the fuck was all this about then?"

"I didn't think you'd be that upset by it."

"Oh cos I'm a girl right? It's OK to tease me because I'm a girl. Is this some sort of get back at the cheerleader who fucked you over in 9th grade thing going on here?"

"No, no. Look, really I'm sorry. I just, well, I didn't think things would go this far."

"You know what, just stop talking. It's better when you don't talk." I gathered up my clothes and walked back to the bar where I had a double vodka on the rocks to nurse my twin rejections.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home