Saturday, July 29, 2006

Girlfriend in a Coma

I was living in 3rd North during the Blizaard of '96. My friend Vinnie had been dating a particularly posessive girlfriend and so when I stumbled across him in the dining hall during lunch because we were snowed in, it was one of the first times I had seen him in weeks.


After an engaging lunch we went up to my living room to catch up. I was in an apartment style dorm with large windows in the living room. Vinnie always thought of me like a sister and so at one point when I was being obnoxious about his girlfriend he tickled me until I fell off on the couch onto the floor. After I regained my breathe, I sat up again.

After a few hours and some cups of cocoa later he went back to his room.

About five hours later I went down to dinner. My RA, a quiet asian guy, saw me and said, "Oh is everything alright?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I had a call from one of the other residents. They thought one of you was being strangled in the living room."

"And you didn't bother to just walk down the hall?"

Silence.

"Well, now that you mention it my roommate has been lying face down in the living room for five hours now, but I just thought she was doing yoga."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home