Sunday, July 30, 2006

Have cat. Will travel.

It was a hot summer day. One of those days where walking ten blocks to my therapist’s office is an act of sheer will. I was waiting to cross the street when a young frenchman said to me, “Have you ever run away to Paris?” He was obviously a mover, dressed in his company’s shirt, but without one of those waist trusses. He was young and lithe, like a greyhound-the type of guy who I could wrap my legs around and squeeze for days. I hadn’t made it to Paris yet, and told him so. “Would you like to run away there with me? I could show you the whole city. I’m from there.” And as much as I wanted to, wanted to skip out on my therapist and my job and my apartment and my friends and just go to Paris there was only one thing that kept me from going.

My cat.

Who would take care of my cat?

He asked for my number so that we could meet up for a drink later and never called. I’ve been prepared ever since that day for the next time a hot French guy asks me to go to Paris so I can say,“Have cat. Will travel.”

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bunni. Here for the first time today. My day hasn't been as mentally stressful as you 'thoners, but physically it's been hell.

Lesson learned: decline all home improvement projects that involve having your arms above your head.

I'm not going to be allowed to accompany all night, but I sure am looking forward to sunday morning when I will read end-to-end in a single pass.

'mouse

9:45 PM  
Blogger Bad Bunni said...

oh man blogger is fuckin' with me so bad
I'm updating but it looks like I'm not because blogger thinks I'm blogging from god knows where and I keep forgetting to manual change the stamp to correct the time EACH TIME because I'm sleep deprived

I hate blogger right now

but I love you

9:53 PM  
Blogger marla said...

see, I don't have a cat but I've never been asked to run away to anywhere.

10:24 PM  
Blogger jaded_beauty said...

I've been asked to run plenty...Damn you, dog and ferret.

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home