Saturday, July 29, 2006

Love Sick

Eric and I had been seeing each other for two months when we were invited to a party being thrown by a friend of mine. She had just bought a great apartment with her boyfriend and invited all of us to come over for drinks and snacks

. Eric was a very light drinker. And of course, at that time so was I. I didn’t have much reason to drink then. But at the time, I wasn’t paying attention to how much he was drinking. We were both buzzed, but it wasn’t until the walk home that I realized how drunk he was. At Union Square, we stopped and sat on the curb in front of Barnes and Nobles. The first night we met, we had kissed for hours in Union Square in front of the statue by Carlysle Court. Now we sat there talking. I can’t remember about what or what prompted it, but he told me that he loved me. That he had been afraid to tell me even though he had felt that way for weeks. Although what exactly he was afraid of was impossible to say, he knew I loved him already.

I finally got him up to his dorm room where for reasons I can not understand he wanted me to come comfort him while he was sick. I kept my eyes closed, but rubbed his back while he threw up. Thus started the most important relationship of my life.

Not quite the moment I dreamed of as a little girl.

But certainly a harbinger of things to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home