Saturday, July 29, 2006

Monkey Business

This story goes out to Blogmonkey who is always my IT team for Blogathon, my source for typhoo, and the only man's whose sock drawer I would consider living.

I don't what guy who I was in love with at the time, but whose name I can't remember now had upset me on this particular day, but I know I was crying at my desk.

The familiar blink of my msn messenger went off.

He had started off as a lurker on my site. I had traced him through my sitemeter and by commenting on his site, he openly started commenting on mine. Then the emails. Followed by emails. Not romantic you understand, just two single people struggling with their lives with similar tastes in cartoons unfortunately on opposite sides of the ocean.

But when I needed him, he was always there is his quiet British way. Never tried to "fix" me, never tried to talk me about of feeling badly just a kind of pat on the shoulder "I know what you mean" kind of guy.

I sat there with tears rolling off my cheeks trying to get myself together for class. And he told me not to cry. Which was sweet.

Being me, I had to write, "I don't understand why you care so much about some random idiot you've never met across an ocean crying at her desk."

And he had the perfect response which immediately cheered me up:

Because you're an idiot I've come to think of as a friend.

Even now I'm laughing as I write it.

3 Comments:

Blogger BlogMonkey said...

Oh I'm smooth. ;)

8:32 AM  
Blogger Bad Bunni said...

as I said it actually was the perfect response funny and yet sweet in its own bizarro way

8:36 AM  
Blogger Bad Bunni said...

Yeah baby, work it work it, own it, work it.

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home