Saturday, July 29, 2006

Crazy for Being My Baby

I met Speed Freak at a Silicon Alley “I made a huge settlement before I was laid off and now I’m going to go and spend three months in Thailand” party. He was another casualty, but he had made enough money that even though he hadn’t worked in a year he had a spacious apartment and a sports car. Apparently, he had a girlfriend when we met, but he didn’t mention her, and he broke up with her only hours after we met.

When I found out on our first date, I thought meeting me was obviously a catalyst for the termination of a clearly shaky relationship. Clearly. On our second date, we were sitting on his couch kissing when he pulled back, looked at me and said, “You know, I’m crazy in love with you.”

I said, "But you don't know me."

Looking into my eyes, he said, "That's what makes it crazy."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home